1. Exercise your power to choose your reaction, your attitude. Choose to be happy. "The power of choice means that we are not merely a product of our past or of our genes; we are not a product of how other people treat us. They unquestionably influence us, but they do not determine us." Stephen R. Covey
2. Learn to be optimistic. Challenge your negative beliefs. "It's not as bad as you think it is. It will all work out. I say this to myself every morning. 'Everything will work out. Put your trust in God and go forward with faith and confidence in the future. He will not abandon you.'" President Gordon B. Hinckley
3. "Laugh...smile and be happy and rejoice before the Lord" President Gordon B. Hinckley
4. Avoid Perfectionism "Our Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to become completely perfect in this life. He knew His children would make mistakes when they were learning by their own experience in mortality." Perkins Oct06
5. Keep a diary. The American Medical Association says "You will have better health if you keep a diary. It helps to write things that trouble you down on paper and get them out of yourself. Write about upsetting events helps release stress, reduce anxiety and make depression more manageable.
6. Be thankful even in your adversities. Write down three blessings daily and notice the change it brings into your life. D&C 59:7 "Thou shalt thank the Lord they God in all things."
7. Start to exercise regularly. Dr. Walter Botz II said "There is not and never has been, any medicine that can guarantee good health, to such a degree as a lifelong exercise program."
8. Get along well with your companion. "Treat a man the way he is, and he will continue being what he is; treat him as he could and ought to be and he will become what he could and ought to be." Goethe
9. Strive to see yourself the way God sees you. Don't compare yourself with others. "God is your father. He loves you. He and your mother in heaven value you beyond any measure. Your are unique. One of a kind.....Let there be no question in your mind about your value as an individual." President Spencer W. Kimball Ensign, Nov. 1978
10. Have faith in yourself. No one can take your place.
Tuesday found us biking to our YMCA nihongo practice session. We have a wonderful teacher who is very fluent in English. She has done a lot of review with us. We have so enjoyed the hour each week with her.
Scripture of the Week
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, and all the world should be taxed......
And all went to be taxed, everyone into his own city.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be deliver.