Sunday, April 18, 2010

Freedom



On April 7th my husband and I had the opportunity to visit Phildelpha and see the Liberty Bell. My life has been so blessed because of the sacrafice of our founding fathers. America remenber our roots and the reason our forfathers came to this land of America was for their religious freedom. Be proud of the words "In God We Trust".



We toured Independence Hall as well as the building used to house the Senate and House of Represenatives while our nations capital was in Philadelphia. We learned where the terms upper and lower house used today came from. The two houses were housed in the same building, the house of Repersenatives was on the first floor and the Senate was upstairs.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

What a wonderful trip! I wish I could make that trip some day!

kds kupboard said...

It was wonderful to be were are nation begain. I enjoyed it very much.