Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 84 - September 8-14, 2014

On Monday we biked to Lake Ezu at sunset.  It was a perfect time to see the harvest moon over the lake.  It was beautiful.  The Japanese people take time to enjoy the beautiful harvest moon.  They get together as families to look at the moon according to our Eikaiwa students.  I think it is a great idea.
Akemi took this picture the same evening.  It is interesting as all four look similar in size but one is the moon.  This is her quote from Facebook about the picture.  "While I was running tonight, I saw beautiful "FULL" moon.  Can u guess which rounded object is the moon, that I'm talking about?"
Tuesday at our YMCA class our teacher is reviewing some of the things we have gone over before.  Above is a piece of one of our worksheets.  These are emergency services in Japan:   keesatsukan (police), shooboosha (firetruck) and kyuukyuusha (ambulance).  The emergency numbers are posted by each service.   We hear the kyuukyuusha from the neighboring red cross hospital on a regular basis.  
Our church is getting a new roof, at least new tar paper.  Tuesday we heard a lot of noise and saw a crane in the parking lot.  It was used to lift the heavy supplies up to the rooftop for the workmen.  It was only in the parking lot a few hours before it was done and left.   I almost missed it.  I took the picture as it was preparing to leave.
Right now there are many of these flowers blooming.  I see blossoms that are red to white in color.  I think they have an interesting blossom and no leaves.  Can anyone help me identify them.
Friday morning we went jogging at lake Ezu.  Some of the trees are starting to show signs of fall (leaves on the ground).  I think fall is upon us.  Lake Ezu is a beautiful place to jog but the scenery/wild life did not help my jogging time.  My time was slow, I think I enjoyed it to much.  
Saturday was our day to work at the temple.  We always enjoy our service there.  We then went to Costco and enjoyed an American Costco hot dog for dinner. 

Scripture of the Week
1 John 4:20-21
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother when he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not see?
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

2 comments:

Juli said...

The flower looks similar to an amaryllis belladonna. These first put out long leaves that die and then the flower stocks come up alone.

kds kupboard said...

Thank you Akemi for your post on Facebook-these flowers are Cluster Amaryllis. The amaryllis belladonna is a beautiful flower too and belongs to the same family. They are all amaryllis.