Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Week 1-April 30-May 4, 2018

We drove from Bountiful, Utah to the MTC the morning of April 30th.  It was a cold rainy morning so I grabed my light jacket for the car.  We had snowflakes over the point of the mountain.  It was still cold when we arrived in Provo and as you see in the picture I did not remove my jacket.  I do have a nice winter coat that would have look much nicer here.

 There were 32 missionaries in our senior mission group.  Those taking the group pictures chose to have our picture taken in two groups.  It was interesting as the week went by we discovered that there were many going to the Utah, Salt Lake City Headquarters Mission.  
We ask the group of missionaries going to Utah, Salt Lake City Headquarters mission to met us by the map for a group picture.  I then found out that of the 32 senior missionaries 12 of us were going to the headquarters mission.  There are four couples and 4 single sisters in our group.  One of the single sisters is from Lima, Peru.  What a choice group of missionaries.

OnThursday evening Elder Koberstein and I took a walk to T4 to look at the beautiful missionary artwork on display in that building.  Each picture is lifesize and has a lesson for missionaries.  T4 is one of the new buildings on campus (new since our 2013 MTC experience) used as a classroom building for the young Elders and Sisters.
 Elder Koberstein standing in front of this piece of art.  The painting are all back lite and on canvas/fabric.
I love the message on the plaques about each piece of artwork.  
Esther's faith in God led her to do hard things for her people the Jews.
We can do hard things with Heavenly Fathers help.
This is the brother of Jared mading stones to take to the Lord.  He had faith that if the Lord touched each stone that they would give him light for their voyage to the promised land.
What faith the brother of Jared had.
This is Joseph Smith in the Liberty Jail.
Hard experience in life are for our good.
Food preparation is a lot of work and like Martha I like others to help.
Like Martha I do not always choose the better part.
Paul's vision.
I can follow Paul's example and ask the Lord what he would have me do.
Joseph Smith in this youth.
We all make mistakes in life.  I am thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me the opportunity to repent and try again to live better.
Heavenly Father answered the prayer of Nephi.
Heavenly Father will answer my prayer too.
Alma praying to our Heavenly Father.
Heavenly Father does answer prayers.
 Moses leading the children of Isreal through the Red Sea.
Heavenly Father will help us do hard thing.
Sons of Mosiah going on a mission to the Laminites.
I can also teach with the power and authority of God.

The stories of Nephi, Alma, Brother of Jared and Sons of Mosiah are found in the Book of Mormon.   If you would like a free copy of the Book of Mormon or information of Joseph Smith let me know and I will get it to you.






1 comment:

Lynn said...

:) Thanks for your blog. It is great to see what you are up too.