Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week 57 - March 4-10, 2014

After returning to Kumamoto we have taken a few days to get organized, do taxes etc. I borrowed the sewing machine from the Honbu Couple apartment and was able to made the pillow shams and bed skirt fit our bed.  We have a queen size bed and comforter with king size pillow shams and bedskirt.  They were beautiful but did not fit the bed in our apartment.
  I was able to make them queen size using the borrowed sewing machine.
The net has been remove and fresh look is visible on this little building.  We wonder if it is going to be a home for new neighbors too.
This week we biked do the International Center and signed up for Japanese classes again.
It is across the mote from the castle.  Notice the cherry trees are still bare.
We biked past the YouMe grocery store on the way back to the apartment so stopped and bought some needed grocery.  I think we almost forget we were on bikes but between my backpack and the little cloth bag I keep in my purse we were able to get everything home.  Bikes are amazing modes of transportation.
In the afternoon on p-day Elder Koberstein and I biked by Hanaoka Mountain.  At the top is a stupa that has Budda's remains.  The stupa and remains were donated to Japan by the Indian Prime Minster Nehuio as a prayer for world peace 
and spirit stones around the stupa representing those who died in action during World War II.  
This is a view of Kumamoto city from the top.  It was a fun bike ride to the top but way more hill than I had hoped for when we decided to do it.  We had a fun ride and great day.

Scripture of the Week
Alma 32:27-28

But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words,

Now, we will compare the word unto a seed.  Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold,if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it our by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts, and when you feel these swelling motion, ye will begin to say within yourselves-It must needs  be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.


1 comment:

Delirious said...

I have a pull along grocery cart that I use when I go shopping. I have to ride the bus to Walmart, so I take my cart along. It's amazing how much it can hold! Sometimes I have to take an extra bag to tote the bread and eggs so they won't get smooshed. I do have a bike, but it doesn't have the most comfortable seat, so I usually take the bus instead.