Sunday, June 3, 2018

Week 5 - May 29-June 2 Week 5

One morning this week we arrived at the Family History Library 30 minutes before prayer meeting.  I decided to take a walk on temple square.  It was beautiful there.  This week I would like to share my walk with you.
As I entered temple square and turned to walk toward the visitors center this bush was in bloom with beautiful white star shaped blossoms.  I had never noticed it before.  Does anyone know what type of bush it is?
I love the beautiful views of the Salt Lake Temple that I saw as I walked.  You will also notice the tabernacle on the right of the picture.
This is another view of the tabernacle.
Another view of the Salt Lake Temple through the trees on temple square.
I love the colors of this unusual poppy growing there.
Another view of the Salt Lake Temple.
 Lots of birds singing and these pigeons were feeding under a tree.
The Assembly Hall is the next building I walked past.
The columbines were in blossom by the Assembly Hall.  My mother loved these flowers.  They grew wild in the back country in Wyoming where I grew up and were beautiful there also.
This is an early morning group of tourists from Asia taking a walk on Temple square.
The tabernacle was getting another coat of paint by a crew.
 Crossing the street from Temple Square to the Family History Center.  What a fun 15 minute walk.  I will have to do it again some day.
One last stop before heading to prayer meeting was the log cabin next to the Family History Library.  It has been fun to watch the garden grow.  I wonder who gets to pick the peas.

Being in Salt Lake City and working at the Family History Library on BI ,International floor, has been an amazing experience.  Elder Koberstein and I have completed our Level 1 training and earned our blue lanyard which means we can now help guests.  This coming week we will be working on the floor with guests from around the world.  We love the work of family history.  I feel overwhelmed that I have been given the opportunity to serve here.  I know that I will need help from on high to serve the guests that come.

No comments: